Monday, May 11, 2015

blindman



... in which our plucky heroine adapts a design...

As my contribution to Blue Cedar House, which balances their kindly assistance here at Acorn Cottage, I have been steadily sewing SCA clothing for three of them. This past weekend I cut out and sewed up a new white linen undergown for Mindy, which is almost completed, and only needs the embroidered yoke and cuffs to be handstitched down. I also sewed a green linen gown for little Laurel, and started on another blue tunic for Mr Robertson.

As an embroidered decoration for his new tunic, I decided (after asking him) to create a design that would highlight his interest and skill at woodworking: two "Norseguy woodworkers": one with a hammer and one with a saw*... I looked at various historical artifact designs in metalwork and carving, and combined several compatible design elements; didn't want them in armor, because crafting, and then I looked at the Mastermyr find for examples of tools like hammers and saws...

*"I see!", said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw...

1 comment:

  1. What a productive and creative time you're having! Glad to see the salad table flourishing.

    ReplyDelete