Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday fragments


in which our plucky heroine chooses to focus on what was accomplished rather than what still remains un-done...

My friend Kaitline asked me to make her a wee mousie tape measure as a companion to her kitty face needlebook... I am very pleased with how this project turned out! The mouse is a great combination of useful sewing basket tool and clever toy. I always use horsehair for animal whiskers, as it is durable, springy, and can be stitched with...

:::

in the middle of the night, yesterday...moved the iron multi-hook plant hanger "tree" into the middle of the far backyard, to have a place to hang the the trap, and set up the WHY* trap in the backyard; the instructions specify to do it at night or very early in the morning, since the last thing you want is to be holding a trap full of attractant when the insects are active. I am hoping that by setting a trap, I will reduce the likelihood of future stings by trapping the queen wasps as they awaken. At least that is the concept...
* W.H.Y. = Wasps, Hornets, and Yellowjackets
:::

....and... more baby seedlings are sprouting in the salad table, the warm weather and cool nights seem to be doing this project some good.
:::

In the interest of both less stress and more stamina, when I just missed the bus home from the copy shop late this afternoon, I decided it would be good to walk home; it is just over a mile, and I figured it might be temporally equal with waiting for the next bus... not quite, but it definitely upped my daily pedometer total. I am always seeking a balance between pushing self to improve, and not becoming too exhausted and in pain to function... it is tricky, but if I want my situation to be different, I need to do different things. Plus, as some may recall, two years ago I couldn't walk to the end of the block without crying from pain...
:::

March SMART goals
#THINGS MADETHINGS FIXEDTHINGS GONE
1ginger candied peelsill boards sandedyard waste bin
29 tiny enamelsfront yard weededyard waste bin
39 brooch settings  close plum prunedcompost bin full
4Bill SCA pantsmore mulch spread -
5Mindy undergownapple tree pruned-
6Mindy embroideryarborvitae pruned-
7Mindy aprondresssalad table trays-
8Laurel underdressworm bin renovated -
9Laurel aprondresssalad table planted-
10kawaii coasters--
11blood orange marmalade--
12Seville orange juice--
13mouse tape measure--
14---
15---

3 comments:

  1. Goodness, you are productive! and in so many areas! The cute little mouse is endearing, the mile walk is admirable and I respect your efforts to get those harmful insects out of the way. When you grow things from seed, it is so exciting to watch the tiny things as they appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol and Ruthie for your appreciation of the mousie tape measure project... it pleased me so much that I am wondering what other sorts of wee creatures might lend themselves to becoming tape measure "cozies"

    ReplyDelete