Wednesday, January 21, 2015

camouflage


...in which our plucky heroine takes up needles and yarn yet again...

So this week started in on a new knitting handwork project, since it is still deep in January, and though we are having a disturbingly dry and warm winter (drought worries dancing in my head), it is still cold enough that another warming option is welcome, and the current other handwork is too large to be suitable for carrying around on transit. Last winter, my friend Jen (the farther away one, not Ariadne) sent me some yarn that had been on my wishlist since the first time I saw it at Sock Summit #1; it isn't sock yarn but rather luscious worsted: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted - Raven Clan Haida.
The actual yarn is quite a bit darker than it looks in this photo, think corbies against the twilight sky... This will become a ribbed turtleneck cowl with a small capelet to keep my neck and shoulders warm; the free pattern (translated from the Finnish) is here on Ravelry. Am very pleased with the suggested buttonhole, in seed stitch as given it makes a Very Tidy Buttonhole indeed, and hopefully I will be able to suss out the rather confusing short row directions for shaping the front point...

5 comments:

  1. A really neat turtleneck cowl. I found it on Ravelry (your link doesn't work) and will be knitting it later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann... I have hopefully fixed the link (I made a copy and paste error apparently) so it should work now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your link works now :-) That is a very cool cowl - love the yarn you're using (and the name!) Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to be working on an accessories and adjuncts 6PAC instead of the clothing I actually need... Hmmm... wonder why??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 6 pac and my weight loss plan seem to be languishing in the same place, as I seem to be getting nowhere fast...

    ReplyDelete