Wednesday, December 3, 2014

wardrobe planning Wednesday


...in which our plucky heroine finds wardrobe plans beginning to coalesce...

Lots of design ideas for the SWAP 2015 are running through my head. Haven't yet done a big sketchup with all the parts of my current plans, but I did a little sketch last night, so as to keep this moto jacket concept in the front of my mind...

Had originally been thinking about using the brown brushed twill, but was recently given some distressed black denim, very heavy so only suitable for jackets (or upholstery). I could see this idea made up with that denim, to be worn with a random-wale black corduroy pinafore, and my beloved black leather Keen boots. Fill in the neckline with either my handknit Solitary Foxen wrap, or with some vivid turquoise necklaces and I will look rather like the woman I wanted to grow up to be...
:::

... and a modicum of progress on the Winter 6PAC...

Have had this caftan/dashiki in stash for years. The fabric is a pretty splendid three color wax batik, black and white and brown that is a bit more of a russet or burnt sienna color.

My idea is to use pieces of this on a black chambray slip as a decorative hem border. That fabric will be cut into strips, and then overdyed with blue dye, which will lower the contrast of the white against the background, and tone down the orange-russet brown.

Once dyed, the strips will be darted to a slight curve, the better to fit along the hemline edge of the slip. The dart seams will make an interesting pattern from the parallel lines...

:::

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your combination of denim and the corduroy. Great combination :)

    ReplyDelete