Thursday, November 20, 2014

momentum hopefully forward


in which our plucky heroine makes quince jelly syrup and does some chores...

Thinking about air-dryed flannel sheets - so much more sweet-smelling than from the dryer. On the last clear day in a while, it seemed the perfect opportunity to hang laundry outside. I had forgotten that it will still dry well if it is sunny and COLD, but my conversation last week with Sharon C about her Mom hanging out laundry in Colorado in the wintertime reminded me to give it a try, and the sheets and duvet cover are greatly improved.
:::

Rarely does anything follow me home from Goodwill, since the ongoing effort here is to de-clutter. Still, every time I drop bags off there, the siren song calls me inside; this time there was this proto-sleeve-board, that actually filled a sewing room niche. This will need to have some nice padded covers made for the framework, but for $4.99 it seemed like a Very Useful Addition.
:::

Last night I did Something Bad to my already cranky left knee, when stepping down out of the Durango. It isn't preventing me from walking, but there is definitely something Not Quite Right going on. Am hoping that topical anti-inflammitory cream and needles on Friday will help. This is back almost but not quite to square zero again. What seems to happen is that when I feel functional, I don't pay attention to structure and ergonomics, or maybe I'm just clumsy...
:::

Though it entailed going shopping at Target downtown, which is never a favorite activity. the two additional tension curtain rods for bubblepack weatherisation have been acquired. Plus, if you ask at the customer service desk why the shelf price is higher than the "purchase in store" price on the website, they recalculate it to the lower price. I wonder how many folks don't think to ask?
:::

November SMART goal challenge
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Norse collar embroidery 3 bubblepack windows broken cot
2 Mindy cuffs * bag to Goodwill
3 quince syrup * bag to Goodwill
4 * * ----------
5 * * ----------
6 * * ----------
7 * ---------- ----------
8 * ---------- ----------
9 * ---------- ----------
10 * ---------- ----------
11 * ---------- ----------
:::


No comments:

Post a Comment