Saturday, October 18, 2014

doorway into autumn


in which our plucky heroine returns however briefly...

Have really been missing the ability to get online whenever the mood strikes, to record the daily activities of Acorn Cottage for both my own leaky-sieve memory, and for the friends and family who find me here. This morning on the way to the compost bin the rising sunlight hit this possibly abandoned arachnid home just right, and I was taken with how much the pattern looked both like a shattered windshield and a doorway.
:::

B&K have been visiting here since Thursday; it was quite the adventure for them bringing their electric car all the way from Olympia. Apparently electric vehicles are quite power-sparing when used around town (as they recover energy every time you go downhill or use the brakes and send it back to the battery for further travel) but long distance highway travel uses up power very quickly; they had to stop three times to recharge.

It is a very different experience to ride in a car that is so very quiet both inside and out, conversation is easy when not hollering over engine noise. I will admit, as well, to being quite charmed by the backup camera video display on the dashboard. There is, however, no likelyhood of a car in my future, electric or otherwise. I do appreciate, though, the rare pleasures that others take so for granted as just part of their daily life...
:::

October SMART goal challenge
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 gown muslin for L sewing machine shelf yardwaste bin
2 sports-bra pattern for B salad table base ----------
3 sports-bra for B small raised bed ----------
4 * wall anchored lumber ----------
5 * * ----------
6 * *  ----------
7 * ---------- ----------
8 * ---------- ----------
9 * ---------- ----------
10 * ---------- ----------
:::

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have found a way to continue your blog while your computer is down. If you use Windows, and want to continue with a familiar (if not identical) format, I hope you can find a computer using Windows 7. I use it and, for the most part, like it. The "Word" program is different but in some respects not better than earlier versions, for instance, I used to be able to add a footer to my documents with a few quick keystrokes. Now it takes the mouse and 6 or 7 clicks to add a footer. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with computers; your blog is one of my favorites, and your style whimsical and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Carol, thank you for your kind words... I am looking forward to at some point in the future having a not-cranky computer. In the meanwhile, this is being a useful exercise in figuring out what aspects of the computer are vital to me and what are mere entertainment

    ReplyDelete