Sunday, June 1, 2014

June SMART goal matrix


have started in on making a new set of sports bras, the old ones are worn to a ravelling, and while they are not as shapely as a more "constructed" garment, they are functional and more importantly fast to make, since I already have a TNT pattern. Long ago worked that one out, in a similar style to the ones made by Decent Exposures... 

At some point, would like to somehow frankenpattern the basic sports bra style with an underwire seamed cup, since I much prefer the shape of the ones I have purchased, but not this summer, too much else to get dealt with first...
:::

with gratitude for the efforts of Russ, and Amber, (both of whom brought over mighty weed wacking equipment and other tools) my backyard is no longer shoulder high meadow, but entirely passable! A thousand thank yous to them for their generous hours of labor!!
I ended up taking not one but two Benedryl, then stepping down wrong in a divot with my wonky knee... so 'tis a good thing that I wasn't running any power machinery. Did rake up some of the clippings from the weedwackers, and also thinned the apples that were covering one branch on the tree. Now there is room for hens. There were a surprising number of bumblebees, I hope that their nests were not overly disturbed...
Actually started on the next phase of the transform the yard project - which is laying down cardboard (saved over the last few years) and mulch in the area adjacent to the stupid deck, where eventually there will be garden beds. Decided that the combination of antihistamines and increasing warmness would be best served by becoming horizontal after a Very Quick Washup. I can continue the raking out of the mulch over the next few early morning power hours...
:::

June SMART goal challenge
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 * SR silver chain yardwaste
branches & clippings
2 * * *
3 * * *
4 * * *
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 ---------- * *
11 ---------- * *
12 ---------- * *
13 ---------- * *
14 ---------- ---------- *
15 ---------- ---------- *
16 ---------- ---------- *
17 ---------- ---------- *
18 ---------- ---------- *

2 comments:

  1. I hope your knee is feeling OK. We need our knees for so many activities. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is, I was feeling so relatively well that I forgot to be cautious about things like digging... I am most grateful for both the excellent treatments from my acupuncture practitioner and prescription Voltaren gel in keeping me mobile... I have had creaky cranky knees since my twenties; my regular GP has nothing useful to suggest other than a walker to which I say "no thank you, not going there". My acupuncturist said basically the same thing to me as my oncologist, in an entirely different context, "use it or lose it" and I shall continue to do my best to walk and move every day... though getting help with the strenuous things like mowing and digging

    ReplyDelete