Monday, April 7, 2014

alternating current


Alabama Chanin style can be funky, or can be a lot more mainstream... One of their more recent journal posts showed a look that was much more conservative than their usual, and I found it to be an interesting way of adding subtle decoration to a pretty ordinary looking dress. Each of their stencil designs can be used in many different ways, depending on not only which colors you choose for your project, but also in what way you decide to stitch, cut, or embellish the stencilled designs. Their 2014 stencil of the year is much more geometric than the floral designs mostly associated with their style.

Whilst I like making my own stencils, their download page is a great resource for stencil designs already worked out and road tested for useability... I have actually downloaded and used one of their designs (Magdalena) when I made the grey tee shirt last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment