Sunday, March 30, 2014

Great Big Squid


because all work and no play makes our plucky heroine a dull girl...

Practicing two-handed Fair Isle with fingering weight yarn… had two contrasting colors in my stash of mostly worsted weight yarn, a heathery orange and a dark cobalt blue…
Started out with some size 2 needles, as that looked like the best option to coordinate with the thinner than usual yarn, but they snapped in half before I got very far, I think that they were poorly made, possibly from barbecue skewers! Started over with better quality small bamboo circulars that were size 3…

I have no idea if I am anywhere near an appropriate gauge, as all I printed out was the pictorial diagram of the big octopus. I am going to use using a different design for the back side of the bag, instead of the seahorses I will use my new favorite motif, the double rams-horn/ocean-waves curves…

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing the octopus realized in yarn!

    ReplyDelete