Girl struggles far too often with discouragement: dis a negation of - courage a state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution - ment an action or process...
sometimes it seems like the better part of valor would be to simply turn off the media every night before dinner, rather than face another night unable to sleep. Ignorance is not bliss, but might be restful at times. Nowhere near enough of the things that needed to happen this weekend were accomplished. There was some studio work, and progress on the catfaced needlebooks, but very little housecleaning occurred, and restful sleep was far from my door, despite the delightfully warm beanbag bed heaters.
Aside from the needful work done or not done, this weekend our plucky heroine did make a bit more progress on the Everlasting Raincoat Bodice Fitting Project; this is bodice XP4 and there has been visible improvement...
The side of the bodice is rather a hot mess still. Without using the camera the back and side views are entirely invisible to me. This looks as if it perhaps needs to have the side front reshaped to straighten out the slanted side seam, which might also deal with the excess bunchy fabric in the side back near the underarm.
I am confused still about the horizontal balance lines... the back now looks good, but the side front still slants upwards, despite my adding 2 1/2" in length to the center front of the bodice (gradually eased off to nothing by the side seams). The more length I add the more flattened the curved waistline seam will become, which I do not want to happen, so I am not sure that adding yet more length, only to cut it away again, makes sense.
I really do not entirely understand the concept of what I am trying to do with these balance lines, not even sure that I put the side front balance line in the correct orientation on the pattern piece, since I am no longer using the pieces from V1212 for the bodice fronts but have had to create my own... Overall I am pleased with the progress so far, despite my confusion. I am hopeful that another one or two muslins might get this project to the point where I can start trying to deal with the sleeves