Sunday, July 21, 2013

outside the box


... in which our plucky heroine finds herself all red-faced...

Way back in December I started working on a sewing-charms necklace; though I made progress on said charms, adding the details to the carved bone "measuring tape" brought my project to a screeching halt... Last night Bill, in town for a Japanese toolmaking workshop, suggested that I use my gravers!?! Embarrassing that I, Tool Girl, never thought of it, and what a difference it made! Sweet sharp little steel shapes that are designed to, well, cut grooves in things...

2 comments:

  1. I just love tools, especially wooden handled ones. those are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brigid! Tools make me happy, I'm kind of like Kaylee that way... I had an interesting discussion with Bill about gun engraving while he was here, am tempted to do some experimenting at some point...

    ReplyDelete