Monday, January 14, 2013

montage Monday - week 2


the cold weather makes outdoor photography a bit dicey, but there is always something interesting to see, and our plucky heroine shall continue her attempts to pay attention to the world...

One sunny cold day, while on the way to the library, these rose hips caught my eye...

On the stairwell up to the acupuncture office, there is a small ledge with this sweet papier-mache maneki-neko. Had I remembered to bring the camera a few weeks ago there was a sprig of holly tucked in beside, which really set off the red details. You will just have to use your imagination...

Once up the stairs, the waiting room offers not just a place to rest after the climb, but refreshment as well. I have not tried to find out if this cute little robot tea holder is actually intended for use, or just for decoration...

On Saturday evening, rather than eat dinner at the 12th Night hotel (which turned out to have been a very good call) my pal Cheriti and I went to a local japanese restaurant for sushi instead. Very tasty...

sometimes at events I get a glimpse of enamels I made years ago, and now when that happens, I can get pictures! This small enamel pendant (about the size of a nickle) is another example of the detail possible with Limoges painting techniques, that would be impossible in cloisonne at that scale...

There were some really excellent exhibits at the Artisans Display at the event; these folks are doing some well detailed and well researched pewter casting

I found this exhibit of herbs and their uses to be really fascinating...

1 comment:

  1. The kitty came from the Saturday Market, years ago. And yes, you are welcome to use the robot tea infuser! :)

    ReplyDelete