Thursday, January 10, 2013

charm-ing


I am always so pleased with how much detail it is possible to get using the Limoges enamel technique. This very tiny enamel cabachon is now a very tiny pendant jewel, and will be going to a new home tomorrow...

It started out as a sample piece for the future sewing charm necklace I intend to make this spring. An assortment of charms will ensue, some enamel, some fabricated with pierced and overlaid silver, and some various found objects... I am tempted to acquire a few of the Very Large Snaps, just because they would also be a fun addition to the mix...

But for now, there are enamel projects in the queue that will bring in some needed income, and that must come first... Still, there will be time around the edges of work to make progress on the amusing idea of sewing charms... I wonder what other kinds of charms I could make?
This second picture is specially for my Mom, who suggested that I include something to show how large, or in this case small, my projects are. Good call Mom!

6 comments:

  1. That charm is just lovely. I particularly like that it looks as though the form is emerging from a distant, foggy place. Maybe that's just the effect from photography, but I do like its atmosphere.

    And if I had a site, I would want it to be a lot up fast. Fer sure.. ;-)

    JoyceP in WI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of that look is from the photography, I am still always learning about how to use the camera, and taking pictures of really tiny really shiny things is sooo difficult. Some of that is that this enamel came out of the final firing looking a little misty, and again, though I have been playing with fire and glass for decades, every time into the kiln you never quite know what will come out after the minute or two long firing...

      ps I deleted the spammer, my site loads plenty fast already!

      Delete
  2. i am sure i could come up with all type of elegant compliments on your fabulous enamel piece, but the only thing that comes to mind is 'Can i have that one?" :)

    Completely outrageous! love it! take care and happy weekend, steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! It is only on occasion that I go into the workroom just to play, but sometimes the muse kicks my butt and says go have fun, which is what happened here. While my words to live by are the Chuck Close quote "Inspiration is for amateurs, the rest of us just show up and get to work...", I am trying to pay better attention to when inspiration strikes, for finding a balance between just doing the work and following the muse is part of my task of being an artisan.

      While you can't have this one, since it is already spoken for, should you ever decide you do need a sewing charm, let me know... ;)

      Delete
  3. The charm set in its bezel is entièrement charmant!!

    bon weekend Indigotiger!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Claire - Merci beaucoup! (gosh didn't know I could remember anything from my high school French class, it has been a while!)

      Delete