Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday musings


Our plucky heroine is noticing that there are bits of brightness, that I need to push myself to not just pay attention but to actively follow the pathways that seem appealing; that if effort is expended, it does shift reality. Girl has wound down to a point that it is not about maintaining forward momentum, but the necessity of generating some forward momentum. Stamina is still lacking. Motivation remains difficult, though I suspect that if when the house ever returns to a state of reasonable order that will be much changed. A year of neglect is not turned around in a few days, and the incredibly wearying constant pain is quite troublesome (feet + knees, and now new for this week, add in sacroiliac, whee!)
:::

On the more positive side, there are two pieces begun in the workroom, that are intended to be completed in the next week, so as to be shipped off to their new homes. Snowy owl, and a lovely bit of SCA regalia. Hoping that the tide of no work at all is turning a bit... Had a just lovely day Sunday with the delightful SR, who is interested in my custom clothier skills. If all goes well, this could become an ongoing relationship like the one I had with M for a decade in OlyWa, but trading sewing (rather than housekeeping) for bodywork. The idea of being in less pain, even temporarily, is like a shining star on a foggy night...
:::

My dear pal Rois bought this grey cardigan online, the lapped collar is very nicely designed and hugs the back of the neck in a most warming fashion; since it did not fit her, she gave it to me, knowing that I could refigure it into a suitable shape for me. It need the sleeves shorter, and the hips a bit wider, and, of course, it needs pockets. My plan is to cut the cuffs off the sleeves, and use them for welts on welted pockets, and to insert gores in the side fronts and backs. There is probably some suitable fabric in stash; I recall some grey Polartec that would not be amiss combined with this cozy wool-blend. Somehow, the myriad boxes and bins and piles of fabric bits need to be organised and sorted and culled, so that when mending needs to happen the pieces are easy to find.

2 comments:

  1. I knew you could make the sweater/jacket work! I can't wait to see what the final look will be.
    XOXOX to my dearest friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still looking for that piece of grey Polartec, or something else to make the gores from... but the sweater itself is absolutely scrummy-warm!

    ReplyDelete