Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday snippets


My sister is a great one for noticing what missing objects would make me squee with happiness... Most recently, a gift package arrived from Amazon and inside was the complete set of all three Alabama Chanin books! What a wonderful addition to my reference library; our plucky heroine is looking forward to even more experiments with handstitching decorative clothing.
 ≈:::

Make and Mend is progressing along, so far the projects have been small enough for transit handwork.

Thanks to the beautiful shot silk organdy from Luz Clara, I was able to make suitable roses for the wedding guest hat. All the roses are backed with brooch findings, rather than permanently attaching them, and as my friend Dayna has a great passion for purple, I knew from the beginning that one of the rose brooches would be a gift for her, to add to her (purple) summer straw hat, and I think that she was quite pleased.

This week I used the small leftover scraps from my bag holder project to make a new potholder for the kitchen here at Acorn Cottage. The scraps, combined with a partially wornout hand towel, were transformed into a bright and useful cooking helper. I know, simple pleasures for simple people, but when it is grey outside this winter, every bit of brightness is welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Well darn, there goes my plan for your Christmas present. But go your sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so glad to know that silk contributed to your Wedding Guest Hat!!

    Best to you! Luz Clara

    ReplyDelete