Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday musings

"...once the realization is accepted that even between the closest people infinite distances exist, a marvelous living side-by-side can grow up for them, if they succeed in loving the expanse between them, which gives them the possibility of always seeing each other as a whole and before an immense sky."
~ Rainer Maria Rilke
to have without holding, to love with open hands - that is still a challenge, but one that is well worth the effort, when the alternative is considered...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

There are a few plants flowering now in the yard here at Acorn Cottage, gifts from friends in the last year or two; survivor plants, that can make it through without coddling, since our plucky heroine has not much garden mojo lately. The Dwarf Lilac, a gift from E, is covered with tiny lilac colored flowers, a miniature delight to the eye, and over in the front walkway bed, the Star of Bethlehem, a gift from M, has managed to overcome a rough start and is now a modest patch of sparkling white.
(Gryphon took this picture)
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

Today was my final brachytherapy, yay! (forgot to bring my camera to document R2D2 the radiation robot) Now hopefully will be able to deal with the additional issues causing trouble in my left leg, and eventually get back to some semblance of life as we knew it. The radiation oncologist suggested that my gyn-onc (Dr Rockstar) would be able to refer me for further treatments, and also mentioned in passing that there is/are some internal lymphocele visible. Not sure what that signifies, but will surely find out. Bah to all this med-foo, I say! Fingers crossed that there will eventually be better health here, I am so very weary. Last night did not manage to sleep till after 2AM, mind circling round with worries, and leg pain...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

Toshi is the two year old Akita that lives with my dear friends up next to Mud Bay, he came down here to help when his human pal J was here for a week after my surgery. This video makes me all kinds of happy, to see him having so much fun, and to see Mud Bay in the sunshine. I miss living where I could see the water every day, true, I can go look at the river, but it is a very different and less intimate scenery.
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

Still, life continues, with lovely things to see, and to make, and dear friends to spend time with. Each moment is a choice of what to pay attention to. Be kind to each other, and enjoy each day in the bright world...

No comments:

Post a Comment