Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday tidbits

in which our plucky heroine receives Heartening Messages from round about, and is encouraged...

Not only is springtime on the way, indeed on this vernal equinox, the signs are everywhere, despite the snow on the henhouse roof yesterday morning. More flowers open every day, and the remaining fruit tree in the backyard (Bartlett pear), shows rounding buds of future blossoms. Maybe this year there will be a pear or two...

Strength returns steadily, if not as quickly as wishes would have it. There were a few transit trips last week, and with luck, and some sunshine, bicycle riding may even be possible.
≈ : ♥ : ≈

G was here for a short visit, bringing down from Emerald Keep not only an example of his latest inspired idea (a take-down longbow made from commonly available materials aka shovel handles), but a package that arrived in his mailbox addressed to yours truly... From his mother D, a beautiful cross stitch sampler with the words " blessed is the life that finds joy in the journey".

Those words ring so true, and will now be on the wall in the bedroom where I will see them every day when I waken. D has faced far greater challenges than I ever will, she is an inspiration to me, and my eyes filled with tears when I saw the beautiful handwork she made for a woman she has never met...

Sitting here writing, and eating for lunch the leftovers from our Sunday dinner out, (he arrived here so late that we ended up at the Courtyard Restaurant over at McMenamins Kennedy School). Instead of my usual choice, one of their signature burgers, I ordered the smoked pork shoulder, and G had the ribeye steak. I do not know exactly how their chef does it, but the mixed greens with my dinner, and the broccolini with G's, were so incredibly delicious that we both had to resist eating all the veg before the rest of the meal. Was pretty remarkable, 'cos the green parts are never his favorite part of dinner, how quickly those broccolini dissapeared!

Despite being only a 24-hour visit, we managed quite a bit of walkabout and picture taking (more practice for me with the complex camera)...
in sheltered warmth, vivid lime green bracts of euphorbia light up a yard

look down at your feet, tiny (white) violets are blooming

moss knows no barrier

with a stop for tasty sushi at a restaurant up in NW...
.
some say that crispy salmon skin is the bacon of the sea,
but the tentacular crunch of tiny squid bits is my favorite

≈ : ♥ : ≈

This morning there was a letter waiting for me, from my Dad, with this quote from Winnie the Pooh:
If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together - there is something you must always remember.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

But the most important thing is, even if we are apart - I'll always be with you.

1 comment:

  1. Seems you are surrounded by wise and loving people. The photos are looking really great.

    ReplyDelete