Thursday, March 1, 2012

slow and unsteady, but progress nonetheless

a very small lion - March did indeed come in like a lion: after the most soft and warm of northwest winters, several days of cold wind and this morning there was a dusting of snow all round the yard...


a morning walk to the backyard...


snow adds sweetness to kale...


hens are not thrilled by the snow-covered ground...


Hmmmm, dunno if it is okay out there...
...definitely strange, no matter how you look at it...



go out in that white stuff... you have to be kidding!...


a tiny simple repair - the double hook on the back of the bathroom door, waaay up at the top edge, not easy to reach, (and there is already a shaker-peg-rack across the back that holds towels-n-such) has been transferred to the bathroom wall. I'd been thinking about this switch for at least a year and a half, having a handy spot to hang a robe and a towel seems very civilised. Given that I am cleared to attempt daily activity, this seemed like a small enough project to not cause too much pain. About fifteen minutes with the drill, the racheting screwdriver, and the step-stool, et voila! Showering will be much improved.

At some point, once the year is farther along and the air warms, the bathroom just might get painted (have had paint for all the rooms in the house for several years), and the door will need to have the empty spots where other hardware once lived primed before turning some other color than landlord white. I am so very tired of having all the rooms in the house white.

an unexpected treat - got a call from my pal L, who was gifted with two tickets to the Portland Symphony from one of her church friends, did I want to go with her... why sure! Last night we made our way downtown for an evening of music. Was just delightful to spend time just sitting quietly and letting the music make pictures in my head. Felt a little odd to find myself at the "donor appreciation concert", but I surely do appreciate that someone who was a donor felt like sharing the joy. On the way home, I remembered that through Arts for All, I can get a pair of discounted tickets for various kinds of performances (once I am back working and have extra dosh for suchlike) and that some of my pals, like L, would be happy to join me in such adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment