Wednesday, March 28, 2012

random updates of gratitude

a new sign for the front door of Acorn Cottage...

One of my pals saw the door decoration that I made last week and wanted one for her own door, so that will be a small bit of dosh coming... Maybe there is a possible income trickle related to such things, I wonder? Was a fun project, and would be willing to make other custom signs for folks if there was interest...

door words from an old old tale...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

Crafternoon had a plethora of creative activities. No ribbon flower making, but knitting and painting, and some linoleum block printing... and in amongst the conversations, my dear friend B, rescuer of computers, was quietly poking away at the Acorn Cottage CPU and suddenly there were beeps! computer has sounds!! and after most folks went home, there was much useful conversation between us S & B and I about revising my website to bring it more up to date in both content and style. That conversation continued all the way to dinner at Pho Gia, for hot pho and salt and pepper squid. (I love me some crispy cephalopods)
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

Yesterday, was able to spend the afternoon with my pal A, who delivered a gift bag full of treat from my Caer Lutris friends: some wonderfully exotic flower preserves, lavender and rose and elderflower, all sorts of other edible treats, and, to make my little Tool Girl heart go pitter-pat, the most teensy racheting hand-held driver, (just the size to fit my teensy paws), with six double ended bits of various configurations... Do my friends know me well or not?!

A was delightfully bouncy about her new direction: she just bought herself a motorcycle! After lunch out at the Chapel Pub, where we were able to catch up about doings in the last month, I kept her company whilst she shuttled back and forth between the bank and the bike dealer, and will admit to being rather envious appreciative of her new wheels...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

Been walking round town in the rain and the windy sunshine, getting stronger, dealing with errands, and as always looking at the bright world wherever I go... the folks at my bank branch all know me, Portland being the furthest outpost of their local branches, and I think not that many people actually go to the bank to do their business any more. I had a bit of a kerfluffle with Visa paperwork, and so asked if they could maybe help me sort it out, and with great sweetness, and a phone call from someone who spoke the right language, it was all taken care of. I so enjoy the interacting with real people, and hearing about what they are doing; they ask after my recovery and always have time for bit of two way update and chat.
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

Today I braved the wilds of the NorthWest quadrant to find my way to the gynaecologic cancer support group over at Legacy/Good Samaritan. That side of the river is so different from where I live. I think that the group will be a good resource for me, and there are a lot of additional healing activities that are available there - I am particularly interested in the tai chi classes and the art workshops. There is something called "nia" which I think is a different kind of movement/music activity, and a range of other things. It gave me a different perspective, to be in a room with women who have much more grave circumstances than my own, who are also vibrant and full of life at the same time...
~ ~ ~≈:::≈~ ~ ~

. .
look up, not just around and down...

No comments:

Post a Comment