Monday, January 30, 2012

buoyancy

despite what feel rather like dire straits at the moment, our plucky heroine is doing her best to remember to live in the now...

The Bug - Dire Straits

The walking is getting better, and tomorrow will be my first post-surgery doctor appointment, which should give me some actual information about what was discovered and what potential options are. Even though it has been eleven days, I still look like I was kicked by a small angry pony, but bruises eventually fade. Did you know that superglue was used during the Vietnam War as a wound adhesive; now with personal experience, I shall never feel quite comfortable saying "I've come unglued" again.

Y'know, my SCA motto is "estimae qi est", which is kind of bad Latin for "appreciate what is". Seeing as how being a now-ist has been part of my pathway for long years, this current stuff is showing me how very far I have yet to go, but that is okay, I intend do my best to have a lot more time to get there... as Mark Knofler says in the song:
everything can change
in the blink of an eye
so let the good times roll
before we say goodbye

̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=[^_^]=/̵͇̿̿/̿̿̿̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿̿ ̿ ̿

2 comments:

  1. If the glue fails you do have a button for emergencies.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for a quick recovery and that the evidence of pony pummeling fades soon. Walk, sleep, drink each day in.

    ReplyDelete