Thursday, November 10, 2011

saying goodbye...

We never know what is around the next bend in the road. I have spent the day on vigil at OHSU - my old and dear friend Ian Cnulle suffered a catastrophic stroke last night. I got the call early this morning from his partner Karen, after they took him off the respirator. His prognosis is dire, he may have hours or days left, but is not expected to awaken.

When I left the hospital tonight Karen and other friends were with him. He looks like he is sleeping, and we have been told that he is not in pain. Karen asks that we pray for peace...

I pray for a peaceful transition for him, and for eventual peace for her heart as well, in some future time when the pain of his unexpected leavetaking is not all her world, and the memory of their joyful years together can lighten her grief.

I ask as well, that we all remember to tell our Dear Ones how very much they mean to us, and how very much we love them, because, sometimes, tomorrow does not come...

≈ : ♥ : ≈
May the long time sun shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide you all the way on.

4 comments:

  1. Iam sorry Alison, yes,you are right. Sometimes tommorrow does not come. i can't say anything that will make this better, or easier, or feel less sad. Or less awful, really, because to me when a friend of mine died after a sudden brain hemmorrage I was not happy. Sad, angry, and sad.It was awful.
    You are a good friend , may He journey well to the lands of peace having felt the presence of hi loved ones about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry. That is never, ever easy, particularly when it's unexpected. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Heidianne, for your wishes on his journey and your words of comfort.

    thank you Brigid for your words and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian was an amazing man whom I only knew through E-mail. My prayers are with his loved ones.

    Joe Paonessa

    ReplyDelete