Monday, August 29, 2011

walkabout

Has been a week since my surgery and hand is doing really well.

Lost one of the two metal clippies that hold my outer bandage on. You'd think that it would be possible to purchase some spare clips (tried three different places), but nooooo, you are intended to simply purchase a new bandage when the clips get lost. Grrrrr..... (found my spare Ace bandages, and thereby could pry away one of the little metal clip gizmos that hold the bandage in place, so all is well again)

Went downtown today, various errands needed done, and there were all kinds of interesting things to see on my rambling-round:
woodland animal fountains downtown are a favorite

sad dog sculpture near a bus stop

Jamison Square Park is like a beach, but in the middle of the Pearl downtown. 'Tis a fountain which simulates a shallow tidal pool. (and on the other side is a bunch of sandy gravel) I took off my shoes and waded in the splashy water. Guess I'm not a real grown-up...

Empty windows and huge rusty shutters are on the edge between the sidewalk and a parking lot downtown. There were bioswale plantings between the buildings too...

The first acorns seen this year, fallen from sidewalk trees in the Pearl


Datura (do not eat) looks a lot like a Georgia O'Keefe flower. Is huge, like about as big as my outstretched hand and fingers together...


̿ ̿ ̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=[^_^]=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

dog is resting, but on watch
(writing songs is a surprise, biting is easier)




1 comment: