Friday, March 25, 2011

start where you are...

One of the things I've been meaning to do is to make up a pocket first aid kit, as part of making my EDC more resilient. Found an unused altoids-size tin floating around, and realised that rather than just continuing to research what might be appropriate, that simply putting in some of the obvious bits would be a far better option. Then it would be in my pocketses, and could be upgraded as knowledge allowed, but still with me starting right now.

I'm already carrying around my epi-pen, and an albuterol inhaler (both useful, but hopefully never necessary) Looked all round-about to find one of these "Uncle Bill's Sliver Gripper Tweezers" locally, and finally tracked it down at Winks. I like the fact that it is all one piece of stainless steel, and the keyring-ready steel sheath-holder cleverly locks the tweezer in place with an integral steel lug. (what can I say, I get a thrill from elegant design)

So, what is in the pocket tin currently? Bandaids, butterfly strips, antibiotic cream, burn gel, 4 days worth of my basic meds, benadryl, and ibuprofen. Not sure what else would be a good addition...

1 comment:

  1. A slip of paper with emergency contact info and any allergies in case you are so hurt you can't respond. You could even paste it to the inside of the tin lid.

    ReplyDelete