Monday, March 21, 2011

in which our plucky heroine wishes for splinter-tweezers...

Another misty moisty morning... Eventually it will warm up, (in another month or two) and I'll be whinging about the heat, but for now, every day is chill and grey; layers of clothing, and remembering a hat, are what keep a body relatively comfortable. Today's clothing: black knit top, light blue flowered dress, navy corduroy jumper with embroidered hem, stripey refashioned vest, light blue handknit baktus scarf, goretex hat.

It is surprising how much difference smiling makes. I should remember this. Of course, I do smile quite a lot actually, but it is not necessarily the default. More so now than in years past though...

Am thinking about simple ways to improve my EDC*. Probably adding in a small first aid kit in something like an Altoids tin would be a big help. I often end up needing something like a splinter-tweezer, or a bandaid and something to put on a cut, (while out and about cleaning houses) and having my chosen self-care tools and supplies handy would be, well, rather handy! Might be a good topic to share with local pals and/or neighborly roundtable folks. After all, having a good first aid kit at home does not much help when one is not at home...

*EDC = Every Day Carry = the stuff that gets carried around in ones pocketses/pocketbook

1 comment:

  1. Awesome outfit! You look set for anything. I finally realized I need to carry a basic first aid kit a few years back. I have sterile gauze (for cleaning wounds and bandaging them), some bandaids, and triple antibiotic in little tiny packs. The swiss army knife has the best tweezer, maybe you could find a replacement one to fit in the tin ? In fact I might do that too.

    ReplyDelete