Wednesday, December 22, 2010

meh...blah...

I'm still very much under the weather, though thanks to E (who kindly drove me to the East Vancouver Costco) there are now a dozen boxes of chicken broth in the pantry, which should tide me over 'til my respiratory system expels Mr Rhinovirus.


HP is not improving, and "not dead yet". I'm rather at a loss, she can barely stand up, and cannot walk, but seems not unhappy to be in a box under a warm light. When I am nearby she makes little hennish cooing sounds. I periodically offer her water in a cup and sometimes she will drink a bit.

But this is all sounding rather pathetic. Perhaps it would be nicer just to hear something cheery instead, how about Dar Williams, and one of my favorite songs of the season...

3 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear about Henny. It's always hard to lose a pet, but weren't you thinking she was nearing the end of her laying life? Maybe the time for chicken soup is approaching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely not laying, and not really eating either. When I pick her up she is literally just skin and bones, so probably not even "soup-worthy"... It just feels so sad, she is still "talking" to me whenever I come in there.

    ReplyDelete