Friday, October 8, 2010

Warm Wooly Winter Wardrobe aka W4

One of the fun things on Ravelry is the "free pattern testers" forum group, where you can sign up to do test knitting of patterns that designers are working out. By checking in periodically, some pretty interesting projects have come my way... like these two cowls, and this bag. This current project reminded me quite a bit of a soft Elizabethan ruff, and was quite the fastest knit that has come off my needles; I'm not a fast knitter and it only took three days (of spare time/transit time). Methinks that this would make a great gift knit, takes about 2 1/2 oz of worsted weight and one button. The pattern hasn't been released yet, but when it is, I'll link it here.

.
can be worn either open or folded over

Next up transit knitting project will be a pixie hat and booties for "La Infanta", the daughter of my friends M & T up in Olympia. The green Malabrigo from last months swap is just the yarn for a tender baby girl, it is soooo very soft, like knitting with cloud yarn. I'll be using this free pattern for the hat, enlarging it as necessary to fit a 9 month old, and searching for some suitably pixie-ish little boots.

1 comment:

  1. I love this cowl--and that sonnet sweater could be really fun to make in a bunch of analogous colors.

    ReplyDelete