Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NOT okay - rant

I'm off to see the doctor today (for the initial exam now that I have OHP) and hopefully will get something informative happening regarding my tailbone/joint pain, which remains unrelenting.

But that is not what I wanted to write about. As a way of distracting myself, somewhat, from how much it hurts, all the time, I pulled out one of my patterns, and the special fabric that I splurged on, with the thought of making a new blouse this week. Okay, time to pre-wash the length of lovely printed cotton lawn, in preparation for sewing later this week...

Do some other housey chores, check the emails...

okey-dokey, the washer is finished, time to deal with the now clean laundry...

Hmm, not as much in here as I remember...

wait... here is part of a dark green tea towel...

that seems to be stuck under the agitator...

pull it loose, and...

wait....

Arghhhh! I've heard of machines eating stray socks, but this is ridiculous... That GORRAM machine has sucked things under the agitator, and presumably into the guts of the machine! Half my fabric (which is/was 2 1/2 yards long/44 inches wide) is somewhere, and my initial attempt to "gently" untagle/untwist/pull-it-free is having no effect...AND, there is an entire lime green tea towel also missing, presumable gone down the hatch into the guts as well!

Don't think that my back is happy with the idea of wrangling with the washer, though I'll have to check and see what the Time-Life fixit book has to say, and it makes me want to cry. Getting a new washer is very appealing and not really realistic, but now I cant trust the washer not to eat things...

Can you say front-loading washer fantasy... I knew you could....

3 comments:

  1. ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! That is NOT! GOOD! Bad washer! BAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that before. Front loaders are nice--we finally got one this year when we arrived here with no washer and dryer in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard repairpersons tell stories of pulling dozens of socks out of the guts of machines..

    Uber sad about your fabric...

    ReplyDelete