Friday, March 26, 2010

L is for Liberty of London...

...C is for cross-dressing. Target has a joint promotion on right now with Liberty of London. The Liberty of London. When I went to check out what they had locally, I decided that the women's clothing was not very nice not at all to my taste - the designs were okay but the fabric was this nasty yucky slippery synthetic stuff. I had remembered seeing a nice William Morris type design on one of the mens shirts online, and lo and behold, the store had some in stock. And instead of being sleazy petrol-fabric, the menfolks get actual nice finely woven 100% cotton... So I was very very naughty and bought one of these. It isn't Tana Lawn, but it is still very nice indeed, and I'm hoping that I can do some creative re-fashioning and make myself a Liberty of London blouse. Stay tuned for further details...

So yesterday I walked and walked and walked, which is always a good way to get the cobwebs out of my head. Our new library is still rather sparse in the actual books on the shelf, but they have only been open a week. There were plenty of people there, not surprising since it is spring break week for the schools. Probably over the course of my errands I must have walked three miles. My feet certainly told me so! I decided to stop fussing about the T shirt and jumper that I miscut, and simply to move on. The grey flowered voile blouse is already cut out, I had originally thought it was too bright and thin to be part of this SWAP, but springtime has warm days too.

1 comment: