Thursday, December 31, 2009

a pictorial glimpse of 2009...


the year turned...


and a mushroom swap happened,
connecting artists all over the world


snowdrops bloomed in early spring


some new denizens of Acorn Cottage arrived


the kitchen was filled with the scent of baking


there were candied citrus cupcakes


and strange experiments were done in the kitchen...


the evening sky glowed in May


a long-awaited roof covered the front porch


Mom and I drove to the coast


three figs ripened on the front porch


my heart broke forever


a North Umpqua rafting trip shook up preconceptions


 forty years ongoing,
Oregon Country Fair proved still full of creative wonders


Sauvie Island blueberries were picked


 we gathered by the river


young hens arrived


my kid brother ran his first marathon


wool is always our friend


whether practical, or whimsical...


my creative friends and I do what we can.

 
local food is a big part of life here


and in the cold winter, at the end of a difficult year,
I am truly grateful for all the myriad gifts and blessings in my life
~ : ♥ : ~
wishing love and light to all of you in the year to come

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fabulous pictoral expose'...I do believe the Jerry Garcia cake was among my favs :)

    May the old year take with it all that it needs to, and the new year be filled with all you desire.

    heather / lao

    ReplyDelete