Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Is there such a thing as too much acorn goodness?*

The small oak leaves and acorns were knit using the instructions in “100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet” which is widely available both to purchase, and from my local library… I found the instructions therein to be easy to follow and the results delightful.

The oak-leaf cable runs horizontally around the crown of the hat, layered over the ribbing that eventually turns into checqered knitting. I want this hat to be WARM. There is I-cord yet to be added to decoratively edge the cable panel...

Now all that is still needed is to attach the remaining I-cord, and figure out exactly what I want to do with the top of the hat. It needs some kind of blocking, the checkerboard knitting is rather lumpy. I currently have it with a kind of stitched "tuck" basted in just above where the cable band ends, which gives the hat a nice kind of pillbox-y shape, and I'm still wondering how best to attach the small acorns and leaves...


*well, yes, there is... there are a lot of tacky acorn things in the world, I try my best not to add to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment