Thursday, July 30, 2009

dip my bones in ice water


Can I take off my skin and soak my poor hot bones in glacier melt? I never thought that going outside when the temperature was eighty would feel cool...The high yesterday was 108.2, higher than any recorded on that day ever here in Portland for the entire 20th century. At 6 PM, on the front porch, which never gets direct sun, the temperature was 102. I am absolutely flattened by the heat. Literally. I've spent a lot of time sleeping, draped in a wet shawl, waking up only to renew the dampness. When it gets cooler, I will resume my regularly scheduled life. If this is the wave of the future, may I please have a wayback machine...I want to visit wintertime


~ : ♥ : ~
Three tiny bits of goodness: 1. My good hen is still laying eggs. 2. The Clerodendrum trichotomum that I planted near the front door (three years ago) has flower buds! Maybe, just maybe, this year it will bloom...the highly scented flowers smell like paradise, and if berries form, they are electric blue with a magenta calyx. 3. I am making some progress on the sewing for Back To Eden Bakery; the first cushion cover is finished and looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment