Saturday, January 3, 2009

two good things

This morning, on the way to the bus, I stopped in at the Lombard Goodwill, as I often do. To my delight, there in the woefully small furniture section, was an armless office chair, with a five-wheel base and working hydraulic height adjustment. I've been hoping to find several more of this style of chair, as they are ideal for my students. Even better, the price was right, and it was not raining or snowing, so down the middle of my street I wheeled the chair back home to Acorn Cottage before continuing on my morning errands. I only need to find one or two more of this style chair, and I can check that line off my ginormous to-do/to-find list.
~ :: ~
One of the things I wanted to do was to go to the Main Library, to catch the Gems of the Private Press Movement: Kelmscott, Ashendene, Doves, Golden Cockerel exhibit, since tomorrow will be the last day. It was exciting to see the actual artifacts, wonderful books from William Morris and all the rest. I think I may have found a quote to use as a motto for Acorn Cottage...
~ :: ~

A true source of human happiness
lies in taking a genuine interest
in all the details of daily life
and elevating them by art

- William Morris

~ :: ~
well, back to the workroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment