Monday, November 10, 2008

time for teaching

Well, I'm not being entirely successful yet at doing art every day, but here are some current pictures. This weekend I co-taught a workshop on Engraving for Enameling; I taught the cloisonne portion, Bill came down from Oly to teach the engraving portion... I made a new cloisonne bit as a demo piece during the workshop, which will become part of the stock for 12th Night. A sweet little engraved laurel, two-color leaves on a transparent blue background, about the size of a quarter...

I also ran across some old notional bits and decided to make a pair of earrings to match my button crown

~:~
Our student made a lovely pendant as a gift for his wife, featuring her favorite flower. This is a wonderful example of using very simple wire shapes to great effect, and the two color opaque enamel for the flower really works well.


~:~
Three more workshops happening in the next month... anyone out there want to make some special gifts or regalia before the holiday season/12th night? If you've any special things you'd like to learn this spring, I'm also in the middle of putting together the workshop schedule for first quarter 2009.
~:~

No comments:

Post a Comment