Thursday, November 6, 2008

dusty progress

Among other things today, I've managed to almost complete the chalkboard wall installation. 95% of the work was in brain figuring out how to actually attach the parts to the wall, which takes weeks of thought. Once I can do that, I'm usually so eager to actually make it happen, that I forget to go and find a dust mask before sawing the wood bits. I really should get a small cartridge respirator... So now I'm coughing and hacking, and the installation is looking pretty much just the way I envisioned it.

The narrow shelf unit between the chalkboards is made from a salvaged containerly bit from the ReBuilding Center, and had the sides modified to help hold the pieces of chalkboard in place. So of course I had to take a picture and do a photo montage...

(you can click on the image up to three times,
to enlarge it repeatedly and see much more detail)

No comments:

Post a Comment