Monday, September 8, 2008

Dog-food soup

I installed the new version of Firefox, since it kept begging me to do so every day. As I occasionally do, I then proceeded to irreparably screw things up. I got upset about the way they'd changed the bookmarking websites process, and on-purpose but totally unintentionally deleted about two thirds of the websites I'd bookmarked. Not as bad as the time I deleted C's address book from the jointly used computer. About as bad as the time (as a computer-using newbie) I deleted all the "ugly" fonts, including one that Windows needed to run properly. That I fixed by re-installing Windows, but I'm not sure that C has ever totally forgiven me for the little address book mishap...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having been a hermit for the whole summer,I'm going to be brave and start having folks over to visit. Tea party this month on Saturday afternoon, September 20th. Theme will be "the Toroidal Tea Party" I'll get out the bucket of beads, and find some wire/pliers/etc. Come on over and play, bring beads or whatever... As always tea and snacks are provided and foodly contributions welcomed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Started writing about my waay too much time online last night reading serger reviews, then pushed some button on the keyboard and my text disappeared. Just as well, I was getting rather grumbly. The short answer is the the reliable machine that many many people love, is distributed by Walmart. Yuck! Also was useful to find out that some of the other low end machines I've seen around, are regarded as frustrating boat anchors by other users. Move along now, nothing is happening here...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My blacksmith friends came to visit this afternoon, picked up the leftover cloth bits and their tunics that were used as models for their new clothes I made earlier this Summer. We hashed out the details of the ironwork that I will be getting in (partial) trade, before too long there will be a spiffy forged pot-rack above the stove here at Acorn Cottage. Whoo Hoo! I will need to find a nice long board to attach to that wall, since there is no real likelihood that there will be wall studs where I want them to be. Hmmm maybe add wood trim all around the room at that level... will have to do some sketches...could look vaguely Arts and Crafts... would be a bit low for a freize/picture rail effect, but I need to be able to reach the pots and pans! Ideas they are a-jumping
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, and about that soup...I noticed at my local New Seasons that they were selling sawn-up chunks of lamb leg bones, really meaty chunks, labeled as from their usual producer/farmer, in the freezer of treat food for dogs. Packaged by the New Seasons butchers, fresh that day, my guess is from the "boneless rolled lamb leg roasts" in the big refrigerated case of treat food for people. SO I bought some, and put it in the crock pot. With some barley, and some carrots and onions, and some herbs. And you know what...Scotch Broth is delicious. When times get hard, the weird get clever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment