Tuesday, July 22, 2008

somewhat productive

I'm currently recycling another wooden drawer into some more shelves for enamel powder. (I made the other shelf months ago) I am not a woodworker, by any stretch of the imagination, but am unafraid to take my little Japanese handsaw to wood scraps. The idea is to transfer all the enamel that is in random jars into the nice tidy jars (that all have lids that open and close easily, and are all the same size) which arrived on my doorstep last week, and send the old babyfood jars to recyclingland. If the lids on the jars worked properly, I'd keep them, but I want the things in my workroom functional not frustrating. I will hang both the little shelves on the studio wall next to my sitting-workbench, having the enamels visible and organised will make it easier for both self and students. At least that is the plan.

I want to get moving on the chalkboard project. Need to arrange something with someone with a truck, as the chalkboard-masonite comes as a 4 x 8 sheet. And I need someone with better woodworking tools than I, to cut it to the size I need. The nice folk at Mr Plywood are not set up to cut stock this thin. But just imagine a nice big chalkboard in the workroom...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm thinking real seriously about coming to 12th night. Just checked with the hotel and they allow dogs. I'd need to sign a special waiver, taking responsibility for her being there, but there is no extra charge. If I can find roomshare folks so I can afford "hotel-ing" it, and a ride for me and the Smokester, I'm in...

No comments:

Post a Comment