Saturday, June 28, 2008

insomnia + the 3 things thing

Almost midnight, I tried to go to sleep, but it is still too hot. Actually it's hotter inside Acorn Cottage (85 F) than outside(80 F) Bleah! And being all banged up and bruised from my close encounter with the sidewalk this morning doesn't help.

The cloisonne workshop turned private lesson workshop is being great fun. Khalja is a wonderful student, I should have guessed that her lampwork experience would be a good background for a very different type of working with glass. Maybe some pictures tomorrow. Smokey the compact Akita is delighted to have such congenial, dog-friendly company, and insists on bringing her stuffed toys into the workroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Wandering around online I found this...
Rules: Post 3 things you've done that you believe nobody else on your F-list has done. Indulge in remorse if someone calls you out on a listed item.

I really struggled to think of things for this one, it feels like my life hasn't been that unusual, at least in ways I'm willing to commit to in writing (grin), but this is what I came up with...

1. Saw a cougar, at the end of my driveway in Idaho. (it ran away like a lion-shaped piece of water running downhill)

2. Got a ride across two New England states, while hitchhiking when I was in college, from a man who turned out to be a Federal Marshal. His parting remark when he let me off at my destination was "...see, Federal pigs aren't all bad", which given that this was in the early seventies, left me pretty speechless.

3. Worked, for a day, as a "live model" for med students at UW who were learning to do pelvic exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment