Sunday, May 18, 2008

ninety-six degrees in the sha-a-ade…

Yesterday the thermometer on my front porch, in the shade, was between ninety-five and ninety-six. This unseasonably warm weather has had me running about the yard, using salvaged greywater to keep my young trees from wilting permanently. I have a five gallon bucket with a tiny hole drilled low on one side, which acts as a portable drip irrigator, and I move it from the persimmon to the apples and around again.
Before Bill left to go back to Olympia, he helped me get more air into my bicycle tires; apparently the green "slime", which came in the tires with the bike, makes it harder to pump air in. And he showed me how to remove the rear fender, which was dragging on the back tire. So now the bike is much easier to ride; I celebrated by taking the recycling away and making a circle round to New Seasons for groceries.
As I continue to clear and organize the workroom, the central space is definitely big enough for a four person worktable. Eventually, all the myriad boxes of art and craft supplies and tools will be sorted…
Have finally come up with a design I like for the future copper bathroom sink, a modified oriental cloud shape. Now to send the sketch off to see if this is feasible and find out how much copper is needed, for a sink approximately 10 x 14 inches.


Today I rode the number 75 bus all the way to the end of the line, to go and check out the farmers market in Milwaukee. Much larger than the local one near my neighborhood, and I was able to get a lovely bunch of young organic baby beets. The local farmers market has no organic veggies at all. But I think that New Seasons still has better prices. And I've never seen elk meat for sale at a farmers market anywhere. Next time I'm bringing my little picnic lunchbox with some ice...

No comments:

Post a Comment