Saturday, January 19, 2008

this is your reminder message...

Craft-tea-party at Acorn Cottage tomorrow 1 Pm till whenever...
Friends welcome...there will be tasty snacks...and either bring a project, or come do collage, or just visit and chat...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The parental visitation went very well, and they are safely delivered to PDX to travel on to my sister.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a new temporary bathroom sink, didn't get it completely put together and set up before the parents arrived, but they seemed both amused and amazed at my creative adaptation of components, and hereto unknown plumbing abilities. And the there is now a shiny new Ikea bathroom mirror and shelf above the temporary sink (thanks Mom and Dad). I have visions of doing a mosaic surrounding the mirror, once the electrical wierdness has been sorted out...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Made orange marmalade this week; New Seasons finally got some organic Seville oranges. Unfortunately, whilst doing the canning of said marmalade, my gorram stove decided that the funky (and only) large burner would stop working. Managed to balance the canning kettle on the small burner, but that wasn't easy. I will need to replace the stove at some unspecified point in the future, as it is not cost effective to spend over $200 on parts, and an unknown amount of effortful labor on my part to repair a stove I do not love anyway.
But the marmalade came out yummy nonetheless...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We now return you to our regularly scheduled life, I'm off to get ingredients for pound cake for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment