Friday, October 5, 2007

not gone, not forgotten, just gradually ramping back to what passes for normal for me...

Ten days on Prednisone is no picnic. Hopefully the dizzyness and falling down and disrupted sleep will continue to diminish, (the hens found my slow collapse into the last remaining twig fence very interesting: as in can we get past her to get to the place where the chicken food comes from...). My right hand is looking like itself again. I am cleared again to for tool useage, which will help with the current state of Acorn Cottage.

Yesterday I managed to attach one set of casters to the bottom of a (found the right size) wood pallet, which will hopefully hold the dryer. I need to construct a pallet for the washing machine in the next few days. Then they both can come back in the house from their vacation in the carport. As the weather has shifted back to dampness, I need the carport for Nimblefoot, the slightly-leaky station wagon.

I'm still thinking about hosting a social/crafty evening on Monday nights, and rather than waiting for the house to be re-constructed, I just say lets do it anyhow. So Monday from say 7 to around 10..

I'm off to Ikea this afternoon to look at possible shelving for the workroom...

~~
Having spent the last several hours wandering about Ikea, and thinking about what options will give me the most bang for my miniscule buck, I decided that constructing a temporary replacement for my beloved pantry cupboard would move the most stuff back into the (future) utility room area. (This is in addition to the already planned (and mostly funded) storage wall of crafty goodness. An assortment of GORM pieces were decided on and purchased, to tuck into the area of the former pantry, but still be easily moved once the possibility of actually removing the concrete to replace the screwey pipe damage is an option. Since said pipe isn't currently leaking, I have the time to figure out how best to deal with the wierdness. Now all I need is a 11mm socket and rachet, since I seem to have selected the only Ikea product that doesn't assemble with an allen wrench! The GORM shelving will be useful even after the pantry area is eventually actually reconstructed with real sheetrock, and real shelving, as it can be useful in the garden shed, or under the carport, but since my estimated timeline for reconstruction is in the area of several years at least, I decided that temporary pantry shelves would really make my life better, since that was one of my favorite little things about Acorn Cottage... so shelf assembly over the next few days....

No comments:

Post a Comment