Monday, October 15, 2007

it's only a dream, go back to sleep...

Perhaps this is some kind of weird mental side effect of the wasp sting medications I took earlier this month? I have been having very bad nightmares for the last week or so, something that hasn't happened for years, and with very different content than anything formerly seen in any of the dreamlands that I commonly frequent... nuclear mushroom clouds, fire explosions, and a kind of terrifying nowhere to run sensation... given the content, the dreams seem to be related to the upcoming "disaster-preparedness exercise". Last week I accidentally heard part of a radio broadcast that was talking about how easy it would be for the imaginary exercise to be (purposefully) not imaginary. For some reason, I found this idea completely terrifying, and have been completely unable to regain my normal equanimity. Paranoia is definitely not my everyday mindset.
The one person I spoke to about this merely said that "well there are wacko editorials on the radio, that kind of thing wouldn't happen..." So, I'd welcome any hints as to how to move my thinking about this to the same level as, say, the way I think about major earthquake hazard, as opposed to the constant frantic mind-wheel-spinning that is my current state of mind. And just in case the dreams are true-dreams, I am now and have always been consciously grateful for the incredible blessing of friendship in my life. Love you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment