Tuesday, July 10, 2007

too hot to handle

It is at least 100 outside Acorn Cottage. I went out and swapped the chicken water for cooler water, and sprinkled the hens with water as well, they were walking around and panting! Most of the time in the heat they hang out under the arbourvitae on the side of the yard, in the shade, but when I show up they think it is treat time and come running...

The word is in, I'm basically on my own at Fair, as none of the possible helpers could make it. I've got an extra camping pass and no one to use it. It will be okay. My friend Maeve will come by and give me some breaks from the booth, so I will not have to sucumb to the dread floating-yellow-eyeball syndrome (as in need-a-biffy-break-now!). Hopefully I will have a chance to take enough of a break to maybe catch a show or two, and see some of the rest of the Fair. And hopefully folks will feel like shopping...

It is so hot now that my neurons don't feel like they are firing properly, everything takes waay too long to figure out. Right now I'm on my way to housecleaning work this afternoon, and when I go home it is back to the rest of the Fair prep....


8:12 pm
: further update, hold the presses, this just in...

Jen suggested that I call a friend of hers, another student, Alihandre (not sure about spelling). She is really excited about coming to the Fair, and we worked things out over the phone, plus Jen filled her in, as much as you can without having been there, about what kinds of things happen at Fair... So, I have five folks coming to stay at Acorn Cottage tomorrow night, and I'm out rounding up enough sleeping-pads so everyone will be able to bed down comfortably, and hopefully get a good night sleep before heading down to Veneta on Thursday. Well, except for my house-sitter... who is planning a Joss Whedon DVD marathon, between making sure my home and critters are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment